Terms and Conditions for site
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd. Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd.
- While Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any damages of whatever nature whether patrimonial, non – patrimonial or any other form of damages whatsoever arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you on an “AS IS” or “VOETSTOOTS” basis WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Please note that some jurisdictions outside South Africa may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site, are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Fry Group Foods (Pty) Ltd may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Terms and Conditions for Competitions
These promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Veggie Recipe Challenge: Durban vs Johannesburg - How does the Competition work?
Phase One: Recipe Challenge
- Fry’s Family Foods is encouraging individuals from Durban and Johannesburg to submit their best recipes using their favourite Fry’s products and stand a chance of winning R10’000 in cash and loads of amazing prizes and hampers.
- Individuals may submit their recipes individually, or in groups and teams and may enter as many times as wanted.
- All recipes, contact details and region of the individual/s need to be faxed to 086 516 1158 or emailed to email@example.com no later than the 09th of March 2014 at 12pm.
Phase Two: Reader Voting
- Once all recipes are received, a panel of judges will select 12 semi-finalists from Durban and Johannesburg.
- Semi-finalists will be notified by Fry’s Family Foods and their recipes will be featured in local newspapers and on the Fry’s website (www.frysfamily.com).
- Readers will be invited to vote for their favourite recipes.
- To vote, readers must SMS the code associated with their favourite recipe to 33711.
- SMSes cost R1.50 each (free SMSes do not apply).
- Voting starts on the 24th of March 2014 at 7am.
- The recipe with the highest number of votes from one region will be declared as the overall winner and will qualify for the R10’000 cash prize.
- The winner will be notified by Fry’s Family Foods.
- Voting ends on the 31st of March 2014 at 12pm.
Veggie Recipe Challenge: Durban vs Johannesburg - Competition Rules:
- The start date of the competition is the 24th of February 2014 at 7am.
- Enter as often as you want but only one entry may qualify as a winner.
- All entries are property of Fry’s Family Foods and an entry constitutes permission to edit, modify, publish and otherwise use the recipe in anyway without permission.
- This is all in the spirit of good fun and Fry’s Family Foods has a zero tolerance on harassment and bullying. Reported incidents will be further investigated.
- You may submit recipes that are your own.
- If your recipe was inspired by another source, tell us what you have changed. Creativity is appreciated but plagiarism is not allowed.
- Announcement of the winner will be done on the 07th of April 2014 and there will be only winner who will qualify for the cash prize.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- All finalists agree to their name, photograph and all recipes being published.
- Recipes will be judged on taste and originality and judges decisions are final.
- All recipes need to be sent through no later than the 09th of March 2014 at 12pm.
- No late recipes will be accepted.
- To vote, readers must SMS the 5 digit code associated with their favourite recipe to 33711.
- SMS cost R1.50 each (free SMSes do not apply).
- Voting starts on 24th March 2014 at 7am and closes on 31st of March 2014 at 12pm.
- No late votes will be considered.
Announcement of the winner will be done on the 07th of April 2014 and there will be only winner who will qualify for the cash prize.
- The second runner up will receive a Fry’s hamper valued at R1000 which may not be redeemed for cash.
- The third runner up will receive a Fry’s hamper valued at R500 which may not be redeemed for cash.
- Hampers are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
Readers Voting: Vote and Win
- Semi- finalists in the Veggie Recipe Challenge competition will have their recipes published in Phoenix Rising Sun, Chatsworth Rising Sun, Rising Sun Lenasia, Overport Rising Sun and The Post.
- Readers are encouraged to vote for their favourite recipe.
- To vote, SMS the code associated with your favourite recipe to 33711.
- SMS cost R1.50 each (free SMSes do not apply).
- You may vote as many times as you like.
- By voting you will be entered into a random draw to win a Fry’s Hamper.
- 2 hampers will be given away by Fry’s Family over a period of 8 days and the value of each hamper is R500.
- Winners will be contacted telephonically on the number which they SMSed from.
- The prizes will not be exchanged for cash.