North Indian Curry
2 boxes Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips or Fry’s Chunky Strips
2 large onions, peeled and chopped
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely grated
1 1 med piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
Oil for frying
1 small tin tomato paste (115g)
1 tin whole peeled tomato (400g)
6 fresh tomatoes chopped
Sugar, salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons curry powder of your choice (more if you like it stronger)
Chutney, sliced banana, desiccated coconut, tzatziki (Not suitable for Vegans), mango salsa and poppadoms
1) Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in a little oil until softened and golden, add your curry powder and stir to combine.
2) Add the tomato paste, whole peeled tomatoes and fresh tomatoes.
3) Add some water to create a saucy texture, season.
4) Allow the mixture to combine and thicken, check the seasoning and add sugar to taste, to break the tartness of the tomato.
5) Fry your choice of Fry’s Chicken-Style or Chunky Strips in a little oil for 6-8 min and add to the curry sauce.
6) Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with basmati or regular rice.
7) Serve with the accompanying sambals of your choice.